Arborists are raving about how easy, smooth, and intuitive this climbing tool is!
Climb with confidence and ease with the Petzl ZigZag Mechanical Prusik
Make rope climbing and limb walking a breeze by getting the best tool to add to your climbers’ bag of tricks!
Touted as one of the best mechanical prusiks for tree care, the Petzl ZigZag Mechanical Prusik allows you to move around efficiently in a tree using a classic prusik pulley system technique.
Stating that the ZigZag is a great addition to your climbing gear would be an understatement. A truly well-built tool, the Petzl ZigZag Mechanical Prusik makes climbing a lot quicker and more enjoyable as it is buttery smooth and very easy to use.
This climbing system is a dream to those who have already experienced the ZigZag. The linked rings provide precision and fluidity when moving around. The pulley is mounted on sealed ball bearings to allow the slack to be taken up easily. Made of hard steel and not aluminum, the design and construction offers great durability.
Smooth on both ascent and descent, the Petzl ZigZag Mechanical Prusik makes the rope glide through almost effortlessly, helping you move faster, conserving more energy, and allowing for more fluid motion within the canopy.
Check out these nifty features that make this tool your next worthy investment:
- Technique identical to classic Prusik pulley system
- Release lever mounted on spring for great precision when locking/releasing the device. Adjusting the pressure on this lever controls the speed of movement.
- Friction links provide progressive braking action for smooth movement
- Pulley mounted on sealed ball bearings to allow slack to be taken up easily
- Swivel always keeps the device in position for better rope glide through the device
- Steel construction for improved durability
- Upper connection point for easily connecting the end of the doubled rope. It has a flexible ring that helps maintain the connector in the major axis position.